Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS644775
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year.
Suitable applicants will assist teaching staff in the delivery of planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. You will work under general supervision or autonomously and are required to contribute advice and expertise, collaborating with school community members to support student achievement. A commitment to enhancing students’ learning opportunities through ongoing reflective classroom practice is required within this role, as is a commitment to plan and engage in professional learning opportunities which includes collaboration with colleagues. You will show a willingness to contribute and maintain a team environment.
At Baler PS we value, celebrate and learn from our multicultural diversity by fostering positive relationships through engaging students, parents, staff and the wider community. We are an independent public school catering for children in Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school community is diverse, with representation from over thirty-four different cultures. Our school motto, 'a sea of cultures', captures and celebrates our inclusive and culturally respectful approaches to our teaching and learning practices and community interactions. Our school is located in the Pilbara, and is one of the four primary schools in the Hedland area.
We implement an individualised whole-school framework based on improving student academic and behaviour outcomes and ensuring that all students have access to the most effective and accurately implemented instructional and behavioural practices and interventions possible. Our approach is evidence-based behaviour interventions and practices that are implemented by staff to effectively address and support the social, educational and behavioural needs of students and their families.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baler Primary School can be found by visiting balerps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Donna Nordmann, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Hedland, by telephoning (08) 9172 8400 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Donna Nordmann, Manager Corporate Services, on 0459 879 743
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to one (1) page outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.