Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS645602
Baldivis Gardens Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic and dedicated Education Assistants - Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during Term 4, 2020 and the 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements up to the end of Term 4, 2021.
Suitable applicants will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and collaborate well with classroom teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of the students. Applicants should be organised and able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment and the implementation of the teaching and learning programs. Suitable applicants will have the capacity to establish positive relationships with a range of special needs students and the physical capacity to manage extreme challenging behaviour.
We are looking for staff who can be flexible in the days and times they are available for appointment. Baldivis Gardens PS has established a very positive and respectful learning environment through our GROW ethos (Gain Knowledge, Respect Others, Own Your Actions and Work Hard) and our staff 'FISH' philosophy ‘Be there, Choose Your Attitude, Play, Make their Day'. Applicants must be willing to support and promote our ethos and philosophy in their work as a Special Needs Education Assistant.
Suitable applicants should be informed, knowledgeable, warm and caring as well as flexible and collaborative. Baldivis Gardens PS are seeking staff who are willing to work with a range of students in various classes according to the needs of our school. We are looking for staff that are personable and keen to collaborate with their colleagues and the Administration team in the best interests of the students.
This Independent Public School opened in 2017 in the rapidly growing area of Baldivis and the school has worked hard to build a positive school culture. Situated on the land previously used as a market garden our motto of Nurture Grow Thrive and a Vision statement that encourages parents to take shared responsibility for student growth and development is shaping our school culture. With personable leadership, exemplary staff and a supportive parent community this school offers many opportunities for education assistants to be part of a dynamic school community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baldivis Gardens PS can be found by visiting www.baldivisgardensps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tamra Law, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 7000 or emailing Tamra.Law@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Tamra Law, Manager Corporate Services, on 0401 136 541.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.