Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS634769
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Eastern Hills Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Human Resources Officer to join their school.
The Human Resource Officer will provide advice and support in the coordination of human resource activities and operations. This will include managing job vacancies; coordinating leave and relief management; coordinating the human resource management information system (HRMIS); assisting in the implementation of staff induction; probation and performance management, and provide human resource advice and information to staff. The HR Officer will be required to develop and maintain positive relationships with relief staff to ensure that positions are backfilled with quality relief staff to maintain high standards across the school. The HR Officer will be responsible for finding relief for all non-teaching positions and teaching positions and will be required to work closely with the Manager Corporate Services to monitor salaries for budgetary purposes.
To be successful for the role, you will have sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to solve problems, implement strategy and manage Human Resource systems and processes.
Eastern Hills SHS is located on the outer margin of the metropolitan area serving the communities within the Shire of Mundaring and the eastern section of the Shire of Swan. Primary schools within the intake area include Chidlow, Sawyers Valley, Wooroloo, Parkerville, Mount Helena, Glen Forrest, Darlington and Gidgegannup. Eastern Hills SHS has approximately 960 students and over 100 staff. We are a diverse and well regarded school with an increasing profile.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with staff and work within a team environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in human resource management, including research, planning and recruitment practices.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to implement appropriate strategies
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Hills Senior High School can be found by visiting www.ehshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Karina Surmon, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9573 0300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school vacation period, please contact Karina Surmon on 0472 789 003
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.