Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE646202
The Southwest Education Region (Warren Blackwood), along with Busselton Senior High School, Cape Naturaliste College, and Margaret River Senior High School, is seeking to establish a pool of Senior Participation Coordinators for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise from November 2020 up to the end of November 2021.
The positions will join the Warren Blackwood Engagement and Transitions Team, based at Busselton Senior High School, and will be line managed by the Engagement and Transitions Manager.
These roles may support both the Warren Blackwood Engagement and Transitions Team and the Compass Pilot Program. The Compass Program supports at risk Year 10 students, although can translate into lower school support (year 6 to year 9 cohorts) depending on the context. The Participation Coordinator's appointment to the Compass Pilot Program will only work with students and families from those schools who are part of the funding group and only with a defined number of students identified by the schools and in collaboration with the Engagement and Transitions Manager.
Vacancies may also arise in the Engagement and Transitions Team, which provides case coordination and brokerage to support services and programs for compulsory school-aged students at risk of disengaging and making an effective transition into appropriate education, training, and employment options.
These roles are responsible for making the appropriate assessment of individual student’s needs, including developing high-quality plans to access appropriate education and career pathways. The Warren Blackwood Engagement and Transitions Team maintain a strong work ethic in the service of young people who experience barriers to engagement in education and welcomes applicants who can demonstrate a range of strategies to connect with, guide, and engage young people in order to facilitate the realisation of their education and career pathway needs.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Considerable knowledge and experience of youth, education and training services, particularly in relation to at risk compulsory school-aged students.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, in diverse settings and with target groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain relevant professional networks and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Well developed organisational skills with the ability to use initiative to meet competing priorities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Natasha Hoyne, Engagement and Transition Manager by telephoning 0472 828 753 or emailing Natasha.Hoyne@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED