Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE646433
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing January 2021
The Southwest Education Region is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated person to fill the fixed term role of Engagement and Transitions Manager (ETM).
The ETM position is located in the Albany area of the Southwest Education region and covers a broad geographical scope across the Great Southern, supporting Government and non-Government Primary, Secondary and District High Schools. The area covered includes Walpole, Kojonup, Jerramungup, Bremer Bay and various towns in between. There is a significant focus on attendance and engagement for students Kindergarten to Year 10 along with the Participation focus for early school leavers and those in transition from schools. Student tracking and monitoring is central to the position’s role in ensuring students’ whereabouts are known and students are engaged in approved options. The ETM works both strategically and operationally with schools to develop effective attendance and engagement processes, systems and strategies for students at risk.
The role has a significant focus on interagency development and is used to secure student engagement and family support, with considerable case management being central to the position. The role invests heavily in developing human services agency partnerships to support schools and address the complex issues facing them and their families. There is a strong relationship with regional Registered Training Organisations both private and State-managed to develop in-school and post-school options for students. The ETM has a key role with multiple stakeholders to implement career development activities and initiatives for students, including those living with a disability.
Across the State, regional offices are responsible for supporting schools in the metropolitan and rural areas by promoting system initiatives, providing support and quality assurance and ensuring consistency in the implementation of policies and procedures to enhance the outcomes of schooling. Regional offices are also required to ensure that each school within their area of responsibility complies with the relevant legislation and policies.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of youth, education, training, industry and support services and to foster career transition and work prospects for students in the 12-18-year-old population.
- Highly developed skills in leading, managing and facilitating a team, including a proven ability to lead individuals and groups through continuous change.
- Highly developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and professionally and build high level relationships and networks cross-sectorally.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, with a proven ability to provide innovative thinking in developing and implementing organisational change, programs and plans.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of reports and risk management plans.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lindsay Campbell, Engagement and Transition Manager on 0428 392 587 or by emailing Lindsay.Campbell@education.wa.edu.au or alternatively Alison Ramm, Regional Executive Directors, by telephoning (08) 9791 0300 or emailing Alison.Ramm@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED