Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646000
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Wandina Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener – Handyperson to join their friendly team.
The Gardener - Handyperson will perform gardening duties, as well as grounds and facility maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and inviting school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management, and provide a suitable growing environment for plants. The successful applicant will also perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. Ideally, the successful applicant has good communication and interpersonal skills and works well with others.
Our motto 'Inspiring Excellence Together' supports the positive, caring and safe learning environment we provide for our students at Wandina Primary School, where we work together to ensure student wellbeing comes first.
Wandina Primary School opened in 2014 in the suburb of Wandina in Geraldton, 432kms north of Perth. The school currently has approximately 450 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Year 6.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wandina Primary School please visit wandinaprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Anita Fitzsimons, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning during the school term on (08) 9923 4200 and during school holidays on 0413 024 366 or by emailing Anita.Fitzsimons@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria below.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens in schools or parks and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in servicing horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.