Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE642715
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The System and School Performance Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Information Analyst to join their team.
The successful applicant will proactively anticipate and respond to internal and external customers’ requests for aggregated information about students and schools in an accurate, timely and professional manner, including through data visualisation software such as Tableau.
The role will require you to extract and analyse data from data warehouses using statistical and query tools such as Statistical Analysis System (SAS) software. The role also identifies, evaluates, imports, validates, stores and transforms data and information from a range of sources to meet stakeholder’s needs. You will analyse a range of student and other corporate data in ways that are scientifically rigorous and appropriate for context. You will also prepare written correspondence and briefings in response to requests for information.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial skills and experience in creating data visualisations using software such as Tableau, to transform data from a range of sources into information that supports corporate planning, decision making and reporting.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to apply appropriate levels of scientific rigour to the analysis, reporting and interpretation of school, student and system performance data.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to prepare high-quality briefings related to data requests.
- Substantial skills and experience in transforming, analysing and extracting data using Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) software
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Dale Miller, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 4668 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED