Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS645150
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021
John Tonkin College Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking a dedicated and experienced Vocational Trainer and Assessor who has current experience in the delivery of or currently holds a Certificate II in Retail and be familiar with the delivery of the Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network (ASDAN) in an education support setting.
Applicants to have experience in working with senior students who have a range of disabilities.
We are seeking someone who is organised, committed and who has a broad range of skills and strategies to meet a range of students’ learning needs. You will also be competent in the use of technology and have sound communication and effective interpersonal skills. The Vocational Trainer and Assessor will establish networks with industry and businesses to attract meaningful work opportunities for students. The trainer will have a flexible approach with a passion for engaging students and ensuring they make progress.
Located approximately 80 kilometres south west of Perth, John Tonkin College ESC, is situated on the Mandurah Education and Training Campus alongside John Tonkin College, Challenger Institute of Technology and Murdoch University. The school offers vocational courses in Horticulture, Kitchen Operations, Retail and Building & Construction and provides students with a certificate displaying the National Training Competencies. Student achievement of these competencies is also recognised by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Relevant current industry skills, knowledge, experience and competency in the industry vocation or professional field.
- Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of the Vocational Education and Training Quality Framework, including Training Packages, Australian Qualifications Framework, the Standards for RTOs, Recognition of Prior Learning and competency based training and assessment.
- Ability to design and prepare training programs and assessment materials to a high standard.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills with the appropriate
- Interpersonal skills for working with young people.
- Initiative and organisational skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about John Tonkin CESC can be found by visiting https://www.johntonkincollege.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tash Hawkins, Principal, by telephoning 0466 209 305 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility & Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold one of the following:
- TAE 40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment: and
- TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A; and:
- TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B;
- a relevant higher qualification.
- Hold a relevant Certificate lll trade qualification or relevant higher qualification;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.