Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646016
This is a permanent part-time (0.31FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
East Beechboro Primary School (PS) is looking for a dedicated Cleaner to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal and external cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. You will also carry out vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
East Beechboro is a highly respected Independent Public School in the City of Swan catering for the educational needs of approximately 450 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our student population is inclusive of many cultural backgrounds as well as students with special needs.
The school is of an open design with four clusters of air conditioned classrooms all fitted with interactive technology. Additionally, we have a computing laboratory, an administration block, a library resource centre, an early childhood five-room centre incorporating three Pre Primary rooms, two teaching areas and two Kindergartens. The buildings are set on extensive grounds, are security fenced and adjoin Maguire Park. Other facilities include an enclosed assembly area, canteen, basketball/netball courts, adventure playgrounds and onsite before and after school care.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about East Beechboro Primary School please visit www.eastbeechboroprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Ann Evans, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0434 734 650 or emailing Ann.Evans@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and one other recent employer.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 9 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.