Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS644399
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Castlereagh School is seeking a dedicated and hardworking Gardener to join their team based in Willetton.
The successful applicant will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. They will maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition, and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. The successful applicant will also perform tasks and duties using safe work practices, and maintain accurate gardening records.
Castlereagh School is a purpose-built education support school which takes pride in motivating children and young adults aged four to 18 in a vibrant, nurturing, educational environment. Castlereagh School provides opportunities for students from Willetton through to Fremantle.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Castlereagh School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Ashleigh Scorer, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 08) 9266 6100 or emailing Ashleigh.Scorer@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Jacqueline Burns, Principal, on 0402 333 855.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager, and
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.