Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646660
At 12:40PM on 13 October 2020, the closing date of this advertisement was extended.
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to join their friendly school.
The successful applicant will possess a high level of interpersonal and organisational skills and be able to liaise with staff and students and the wider school community in the delivery of excellent front office customer service in a busy reception environment. We receive a high volume of visitors to the college including parents, students, contractors and other educational visitors, and suitable applicants will demonstrate their ability to easily prioritise and stay on task. Strong computer skills and experience with a range software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing would be highly desirable, as would be an understanding of Student Information System (SIS), Compass and RM Billing.
In this role, you will also have opportunities to focus on specific key areas of our support services as well as provide generic and diverse front line support across the whole college. The ability to work independently and adapt to other roles within the school administration would be ideal.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School located on Abernethy Road in Byford approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. Our College provides for the secondary education needs of students from Byford and the surrounding communities. Byford SC has become a focal point for secondary education provision for students with disabilities with our inclusion facilities. Byford SC's motto, ‘Aspire to Excellence’ clearly articulates our vision of being the secondary school of choice for the local community which provides a comprehensive suite of subjects from Year 7 through 12.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Beth Dewar, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9550 6118 or emailing Beth.Dewar@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Beth Dewar, Manager Corporate Services, on 0439 989 693.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.