Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH646109
Join a dedicated and dynamic team and help make a difference to our School Community
Newton Moore Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and committed Education Support Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 and 2021 school years. As a school we are always looking to expand our classroom and specialist curriculum/programs and would encourage classroom and specialist teachers to apply.
We are looking for exceptional teachers to join our team.
Newton Moore ESC is an Independent Public School nestled in the thriving and idyllic coastal City of Bunbury, WA. The Centre is specifically designed to meet the needs of Year 7 to 12 students with intellectual disabilities. We offer a caring, respectful, small school environment where all students participate and actively engage in all facets of school life.
Our school has been recognised as an Excellent Public School. It is the only Education Support Centre to have been a recipient of this prestigious award from the Department of Education. Central to this award was our innovative programs but most importantly the outstanding staff who are passionate about our students.
From the proven success of our innovative programs to the passionate engagement of our teachers and education assistants who deliver high quality educational programs to our students, Newton Moore ESC is quite simply ‘Dynamic & Different’. Those two words would be a concise yet accurate description of the type of teachers we need.
For the right person, we are offering far more than ‘just another teaching job’. We are offering…
- A busy and vibrant workplace where really good people work hard and get along well with each other;
- Regular and well-structured team meetings to keep you ‘in the loop’ and give you a voice within a safe environment;
- Ongoing opportunities for you to present and implement approved ideas that improve your work practices, our work environment and our student outcomes;
- A learning environment that is centred on providing quality education to our students. You are more than a teacher here – you are a mentor and a life coach.
- A democratic leadership culture that has the right blend of engagement and consultation combined with clarity and consistency around policy and other non-negotiables;
- And we expect that you would like to have fun at work…At least we hope so - because we insist on it!
If you like the sound of what we are offering, we encourage you to apply. We are desirably looking for applicants who will ideally have the following skills and traits:
- Successful experience in a teaching role; preferably in an Education Support setting
- Be highly skilled in planning, organising and implementing engaging classroom programs to suit all leaners.
- Has PBS knowledge and experience in supporting and implementing in the classroom.
- Has and can demonstrate the essential traits necessary to be an outstanding Ed Support teacher. They have Patience- Resilience/Fortitude-Passion-Flexibility along with a healthy (and appropriate) sense of humour
- The ability to cope well with frequent unpredictability. As our students have a range of special needs, we cannot expect them to follow an exact pattern every day. Their needs are widely varied and as such our approach and thinking must be too;
- A deep understanding of the true meaning of a ‘student centred school’. Quite simply, our students are the only reason we exist;
- Has well developed computing skills with sound experience in various computer programs.
- Reliability and punctuality. The students and your colleagues need to be able to count on you;
- Will add to our great work environment and healthy culture. Socialising with colleagues out-of-school is optional – Getting along with them during school and showing honesty, care, consistency & integrity is not.
If you feel you have what we are looking for please go ahead and apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Switch program can apply for vacancies using their current or switched qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to this vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Switch program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newton Moore Education Support Centre can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jo van der Plas, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9722 2480 or during school holidays on 04778 64755 or emailing Johanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
You are required to attach a personal resume and covering letter outlining your skills and experiences in relation to the position. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone 9264 8666
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.