Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/DP645538
Rapids Landing Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of professional, enthusiastic and relationship focused Associate Principals to work collaboratively with the Principal and whole school community to strengthen a contemporary and distinctive school with a child focused identity. This pool is for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year. Known vacancies include a fulltime position (Fixed Term), with permanent opportunities arising due to increasing student enrolments.
The successful applicants will ideally have the innovation, capacity and passion to:
- Drive a strong improvement agenda, ground in evidence and expressed in terms of improvements in measurable student outcomes.
- Lead whole school strategic planning and be confident in their capacity to work collaboratively with staff and the School Board to develop strategic planning documents that reflect the specific needs of this diverse school community.
- Translate the technological revolution into pedagogy that reflects the needs and interests of a contemporary community. They will want to be part of this technology revolution but in doing so will also be mindful and respecting of past traditional practices that enable us to be confident in challenging the future.
- Provide instructional leadership enabling staff to implement the strategies outlined in the business plan in order to achieve the school’s vision, targets and milestones. The Principal requires leaders who ideally have strong change management skills in pedagogy and a capacity to build and support teaching teams to deliver consistent, sustainable practice across the school with a focus on explicit and measurable outcomes. Building the capacity of teachers through classroom observation, feedback, modelling and coaching is a highly desirable prerequisite for these positions.
- Play a key role in human resource management, including recruitment processes and staff induction.
- Have a visible presence and strongly support the promotion and marketing of the school.
Applicants that have exceptional team orientated interpersonal skills and an ability to work as a collaborative member of an executive leadership team and school community are highly desirable. Specific leadership experience, change management, and expertise in one of the more of the following areas would be highly valued:
- Early childhood programs and initiatives, including partnerships with the community and other professionals to support the early years.
- School based services and programs to cater for students at educational risk and students with special needs, including gifted and talented students.
- Programs and initiatives to promote sustainable living and develop a whole school approach to education for sustainability.
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) or similar initiatives in a primary setting.
- Establishment and management of information communication technology (ICT) systems to improve learning opportunities.
Rapids Landing PS opened as an Independent Public School in 2018 in Margaret River and has a current student population of 291 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We value our partnerships with parents, carers and the community. As a school with expected enrolment growth, we are committed to developing a culture of “Every Student, Every Classroom, Every Day” by engaging, consulting and working collaboratively with the school community to provide a dynamic learning environment that is positive and underpinned by strong values. The successful applicants will be passionate about providing quality public school education in an autonomous, contemporary and nurturing environment school/community environment
These are unique and challenging positions requiring strong, strategic collaborative leadership. The successful applicants will be passionate about providing quality public school education in an autonomous, contemporary and nurturing school/community environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rapids Landing PS can be found by visiting www.rapidslandingps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Helenius, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9757 8200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . During the school holidays please phone 0409 119 667.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four - five (4-5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 8 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED