Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS637621
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Sir David Brand School is seeking to appoint a dedicated School Officer to join their friendly administration team.
The School Officer provides information and collects documentation for new enrolments, enters student enrolment data and maintains student attendance records; staff and relief staff records and generates reports from the school databases.
We are seeking someone who will be student focused, efficient and will have initiative and creativity in their role as School Officer. It is highly desirable to have experience in the use of HRMIS, MGM, Integris, RM Billing, RM Finance and Bookmark.
Familiarity with a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing is highly desirable as a large component of this position is creating and preparing school materials for publication including the school newsletter, fliers and other communications.
Located in Coolbinia, adjacent to the Yokine Reserve, Sir David Brand School provides high quality learning opportunities for students from 4 to 18 years of age. The school became an Independent Public School in 2015. Priorities include intensive early intervention, learning technologies, communication, protective behaviours, the arts, physical education and secondary pathways. Sir David Brand School has a long standing high level of parent satisfaction and successful engagement with the local community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sir David Brand School can be found by visiting www.sdbs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Narelle Maconachie, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9462 6500 or emailing Narelle.Maconachie@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 September 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.