Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646503
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Are you ready to build brighter futures together in a new school environment underpinned by high expectations and collaborative practices? Do you have the energy and fortitude to make every moment count and embrace this challenge?
Beenyup Primary School is seeking a vibrant, personable and highly efficient Level 2 School Officer to join our dynamic team in building brighter futures together. This position will be integral to the establishment of the school and its culture.
School Officers at Beenyup Primary play a vital role in creating a positive first impression for all visitors and families. This skill is imperative for the contributing to the branding of our school and the marketing aspect of this role.
The successful applicant will assist in managing and coordinating daily administrative operations, including providing administrative support to the principal, administrative team and attending meetings as the minute secretary (including the college board). You will also assist the Manager Corporate Services in various aspects of the school’s operations, including administrative, financial, marketing, corporate sponsorship and human resources duties. The successful applicant will assist with administrative school staff supervision, and implement relevant administrative training and procedures. Another component of the role is assisting the college’s business plans, marketing plans and the production of annual reports.
It is highly desirable for applicants to have marketing experience as this component of the role will involve assisting with the coordination of promotional and marketing events, as well as developing a range of communications, publications and materials to support marketing activities and events. You will have excellent interpersonal skills as you will liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to organise promotional events and marketing. You will also assist with ensuring the school website and social media platforms are up to date. The ability to research current marketing and media trends will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, committed to personal and professional growth and will embrace opportunities for collaboration within the school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beenyup Primary School can be found by visiting beenyupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Teena Hind, Manager Corporate Services by (08) 9526 6500 or emailing Teena.Hind@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 23 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.