Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP644257
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Fitzroy Valley District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a Deputy Principal – Curriculum to join its executive leadership team.
Fitzroy Valley DHS is part of the Kimberley Schools Project and is focusing on implementing a low variation curriculum and evidence based explicit instruction pedagogy. This consistent approach will be embedded across Kindergarten to Year 10 (K-10).
The successful applicant will exhibit they are proficient in Western Australian Curriculum for K-10 and provide support to staff in analysing data and setting targets to assist in planning. Experience in and understanding of targeted teaching and the Kimberley Schools Project would be most desirable.
The role of Deputy Principal of Curriculum will be to:
- Lead the consistent delivery of the Western Australian Curriculum through years K-10.
- Lead operational planning in curriculum for Mathematics and English.
- Lead weekly curriculum meetings in Primary and Secondary.
- Lead the engagement in professional development of teachers regarding evidence based strategies for working with students requiring differentiated curriculum.
- Lead the Interpretation and analysis of the data obtained from the National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN), Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT), OLNA, Brightpath and PM Benchmark and work side by side with classroom teachers to use system data to identify literacy/numeracy concerns and facilitate whole school programs to improve the literacy levels of students.
- Coordinate Curriculum orientated events that occur during the school year such as Book Week.
- Some classroom teaching will also be required.
Fitzroy Valley DHS is situated in the Fitzroy Valley in the scenic Kimberley region of Western Australia. The town of Fitzroy Crossing is situated on the banks of the Fitzroy River and lends itself to the outdoor adventure lifestyle with easy access to the Gibb River Road and all of its wonders. Many camping and fishing spots such as Geikie Gorge and Tunnel Creek are situated close by. Fitzroy Crossing is located 380kms to the regional tourist attraction of Broome.
Fitzroy Valley DHS is a Department of Education Remote Community School. The successful applicant will gain all of the incentives aimed at attracting candidates to work in a remote community school. Further information about salaries and benefits can be found here.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Fitzroy Valley DHS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Steve Traynor, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9163 8600 or emailing email@example.com.
Please note, during the vacation period Steve Traynor will only be contactable by email.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED