Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA646250
Please note, at 2:20pm on 15 September 2020, there has been amendments to this advertisement.
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Thornlie Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Program Coordinator – Head of The Arts, to join our administrative team.
As Program Coordinator - The Arts, the ideal candidate will be able to build the capacity the Arts Learning Area by providing curriculum leadership and working collaboratively to ensure quality teaching is delivered to meet the needs of all students. The school offers a diverse range of subjects in The Arts including Visual Arts, Dance, Media as well as our Specialist Music and Cheer Programs. The school provides The Arts with ample opportunities to showcase their Learning Area through Dance, Cheer and Music Performances and Concerts, as well as the Annual Art Exhibition.
The successful applicant should be an experienced, highly effective cross curriculum leader qualified in The Arts with outstanding interpersonal skills who is ready to build upon their proven abilities and take them to the next level. A strong understanding of the preconditions for learning, explicit direct instruction, project based and inclusive learning will be required in this position. The successful applicant will continually drive evidenced based improvement by providing proactive leadership that is collaborative, inspiring and supportive. The school has a supportive culture where all members are valued and treated with respect.
As a part of the school’s Senior Leadership Team they will be involved in the effective implementation of School Improvement Plan and support the school’s behavioural and attendance policies.
Thornlie SHS’s vision is to Engage, Inspire and Achieve. At Thornlie SHS, students fulfil their aspirations working in an environment that emphasises the importance of respectful relationships and the achievement of personal best. We are a proud Independent Public Secondary School with over four decades of experience in providing a successful education to our 1200 Year 7 to 12 students, helping them to identify their aspirations and achieve their personal goals.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Thornlie SHS can be found by visiting www.thornlieshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Donna McDonald, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9376 2100 or emailing Donna.McDonald@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 24 September 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.