Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE648095
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Eastern Goldfields College is looking for a dedicated Participation Coordinator.
The role of a Participation Coordinator is to provide support services to compulsory school-aged students at risk of disengaging from an effective transition into appropriate education, training and employment options. The suitable applicants will make appropriate assessment of individual students’ needs, including developing high quality plans to access appropriate pathways to a range of post school options. In addition, you will develop and maintain an effective network of youth, employment, education and training services relevant to young people in the locality and across regions.
Eastern Goldfields College are a progressive Independent Public School which caters for students in Year 11 and 12. As a senior college, we encourage your child to take ownership of their learning and achieve their very best. The College exits in a unique and diverse educational domain. It shares facilities with Central Regional TAFE (Kalgoorlie campus) and the WA School of Mines (WASM). It is the College vision for our students to achieve high academic, vocational and social standards by fully embracing the learning opportunities that the co-located site provides.
We will prepare your child for whatever their future holds giving them access to university, further training, an apprenticeship, traineeship or an employment pathway as they complete their senior schooling years.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge and experience of youth, education and training services, particularly in relation to at risk compulsory school-aged students.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, in diverse settings and with target groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain relevant professional networks and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Well develop organisational skills with the ability to use initiative to meet competing priorities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Eastern Goldfields College can be found by visiting www.egc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Helen Ducey, Engagement and Transition Manager for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 3190 or emailing Helen.Ducey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain or hold a current ‘C’ class driver ’s licence;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- undertake travel, including overnight stays in non-metropolitan locations, as required; and
- undertake travel in small aeroplanes to remote locations, as required.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED