Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS645062
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a self-motivated and organised Technical Support Officer - Art to join their team.
The Art Technician is responsible for managing all equipment and art stock consumables for the Visual Art and the Gifted and Talented Program. The successful applicant will also be responsible for the Visual Art and Special Art stock take and asset management.
The successful applicant is responsible for maintaining digital records for the Head of Learning Area (Arts) and the Gifted and Talented Program Coordinator ensuring employment records, testing and curriculum documents are kept up to date. Also, the position will maintain a catalogue of the school art collection and a catalogue of student work. The Art Technician administers the art information system, which ensures art records are maintained, accessible and available to students, staff and parents at all times.
The successful applicant will also provide training and advice to all staff with regard to health and safety requirements and material management. Confidentiality and security of sensitive material is to be maintained at all times. The successful applicant will help assist with the preparation and monitoring of the visual art and special art budget and makes recommendations for the purchase of new art resources.
Applecross SHS is situated 8km south of the city of Perth, embraces a tradition of excellence and continues a reputation for high academic, vocational, sporting and cultural achievements for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. The school offers programs in Vocational Education and Training Visual Arts (Gifted and Talented) and elite Tennis (Specialist Program) plus Academic Extension programs. The Academic Extension Program provides special classes for students who have been selected on the basis of their performance. Students in the Program are offered a wide range of rich learning experiences and are required to complete more in-depth studies to develop high level skills and competencies to become independent learners.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of art materials, techniques and occupational health and safety requirements.
- Experience in operating information systems, including computerised applications for managing records, budget and related information.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Good planning and organisational skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Applecross Senior High School can be found by visiting www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Rachael Ainge, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9314 9306 or emailing email@example.com
During the vacation period, please contact Rachael Ainge on 0419 033 732
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 14 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.