Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE645933
This is a twenty (20) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
Exams, Certification and Testing are seeking to appoint a highly dedicated individual to the role of Principal Project Officer, Student Records Management System (SRMS) in the Programs and Data ECT branch.
The Principal Project Officer SRMS will identify state, school and systems sector-level requirements for the transition to SRMS from existing Student Information Records System (SIRS). The successful applicant will develop and coordinate appropriate and sustainable training programs related to the transition to SRMS, based on priorities identified in consultation with key stakeholders.
The successful applicant will develop appropriate SRMS user guides for schools’ staff, teachers, students and Authority staff in consultation with all stakeholders whilst building and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate achievement of the transition to SRMS. You will participate on internal committees and other groups whist providing support and advice related to the implementation of the SRMS initiatives and strategies.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues and trends related to using student records and data at a school and system level.
- High-level verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including negotiation skills and the ability to convey ideas persuasively.
- High-level written communication skills, including extensive experience in preparing briefings and discussion papers.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly developed Information and Communication Technology project planning and management skills, including resource management and organisational skills
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Vanessa Peters Manager, Programs and Data ECT, by telephoning (08) 9273 6779 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in the context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 29 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED