Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS646549
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Albany Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an Information Resource Officer to join their school.
As an Information Resource Officer at our school you will assist with operations within the library. The successful applicant will coordinate library visits, and ensure library materials are available to staff, students and parents. You will assist in training and advice to staff and student on various library equipment and digital technology.
Other components of this role include assisting with various administration duties. This includes updating information in school information systems, various reporting and asset management. You will also assist with various administrative duties such as telephone support and maintenance of databases.
Albany SHS commenced in 1918. The school has a long and proud tradition of producing outstanding graduates who excel in academic, sporting, artistic, leadership and personal pursuits. The school forms an integral part of the fabric of the Albany community and has strong bonds with generations of successful graduates supported by the Albany SHS Alumni.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise to staff at all levels and apply customer service principles and practices.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to resolve basic information and communication technology problems.
- Ability to use computers and a range of information management systems and application software packages including databases, spread-sheets and word processing.
- Sound knowledge, skills and experience in library procedures using automated library systems and the use of multimedia and audio-visual equipment.
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Albany Senior High School can be found by visiting www.albanyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Leah Sillifant, Business Support Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 9841 0980 or emailing email@example.com.
During the vacation period please contact Leah Sillifant, Manager Corporate Services, on the above telephone number and/or email address.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.