Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP645971
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Yale Primary School (PS) is seeking a committed Deputy Principal to join our leadership team.
As a Deputy Principal at our school you will lead change within the school. You will actively manage staff and identify professional learning to support their continued growth. Your responsibilities as a Deputy Principal will also include assisting with the implementation of school wide programs, and assisting teachers with students with special needs, challenging behaviours or individual education plans. Your duties will also include working with the Child and Parent Centre operator and services.
We are seeking an individual who is a team player with a strong focus on improved outcomes for students. The successful applicant will ideally have good knowledge of student engagement strategies and the Positive Behaviour Framework. Ideally, you will have previous experience working with a diverse range of students and staff. Those who have experience working with external agencies, mentoring and support teacher development, and leading whole school change, particularly in literacy and numeracy, are encouraged to apply. To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator and be able to communicate with individuals at all levels.
At Yale PS, we focus on preparing our students academically, through practising 'respect, responsibility, caring for others and being our best'. It is more than a motto, it is the grounds for quality teaching, student success and an engaged community. Our school believes children are the centre of our school community and a place where they feel safe and happy while enjoying the most important years of their education. We provide our students with a relevant and inspiring education program, catering to individual needs. Our students’ achievements are our achievements.
Our staff are dedicated to ensuring students receive the best possible education and the best start to life. Children learn best when they feel safe and we provide a caring and nurturing environment so our students feel comfortable to try new things, learn new skills and achieve their full potential. Whatever our students learning needs, our teachers take time to ensure they are given individual attention to achieve.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yale Primary School can be found by visiting yale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Glen Read, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9232 3500 or emailing email@example.com.
During the vacation period, please contact Glen Read, Principal, on 0436 803 809.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of a four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.