Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS645586
This is a permanent part-time (0.45FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
Australind Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a Canteen Attendant to join their friendly school. We are seeking an individual who is able to work well under pressure and provide good customer service.
The role of the Canteen Attendant is to prepare meals, serve the patrons of the canteen, and ensure that a high standard of catering, health, safety and hygiene is maintained. The successful applicant will undertake food and stock control, including ordering and stock rotation. Other requirements of the role are cleaning the canteen, including pantries, freezers, cool rooms, and store rooms as well as clearing waste to appropriate areas and ensuring that equipment and utensils are cleaned to appropriate standards.
Australind SHS is a large, comprehensive regional school of 1400 students located in the South-West region providing an orderly, safe and supportive environment for staff and students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in working in a canteen or café, including the storage, preparation and sale of food and the dealing with monies / cash register.
- Ability to provide courteous and efficient customer service.
- Knowledge of food hygiene practices and relevant Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Communication skills and ability to work as part of a small team and contribute to team outcomes.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Australind Senior High School can be found by visiting www.australind.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Maureen Bailey, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 4405 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the vacation period please contact Maureen Baily, Manager Corporate Services, on 0400 244 424.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 1 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.