Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE643887
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2020 and 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements up to the end of December 2021. Appointments can be made across Statewide Services Division.
Statewide Services Division is seeking to establish a pool of highly organised and enthusiastic individuals to undertake the role of Administration Assistant, providing administrative support to the Directors, Managers and other staff across the campus.
As the Administrative Assistant you will assist managerial staff to meet their financial, procurement and human resources responsibilities, including booking travel and accommodation, procuring resources, reconciling credit card expenditure, checking certification reports and invoices and monitoring expenditure. Experience in payroll systems is desirable although training can be offered to suitable applicants. In this role you will have demonstrated ability to utilise the Microsoft Office suite of products to produce and maintain documents and communications that are of high quality, innovative and dynamic in order to support the delivery of outcomes of Statewide Services including asset registers and databases. You will respond to telephone and email enquiries to ensure support for clients and colleagues is executed thoroughly and in a timely manner.
The ability to be agile and flexible in your approach to work is essential in being an effective member of the Statewide Services team. The management of projects and events may also become an integral aspect of your work, demonstrated experience with this is favourable but not essential as training can be provided.
Statewide Services Division is responsible for the delivery of integrated state-wide services for networks, schools and teachers that support the learning and achievement of every student. This is achieved through a focus on better integration of services with schools, students, families and external service providers; supporting schools and networks of schools to deliver high quality teaching and learning in every classroom; and creating expanded opportunities for students to develop the academic, personal and social competencies they will need to participate in the future workforce and society.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite in clerical and general administrative duties, including advanced word processing skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and databases and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals and provide customer-focussed services.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Initiative and good organisational skills with the ability to meet competing priorities in a fast-paced business environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Julie Brown, Education Officer, by telephoning (08) 9402 6291 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 29 September 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED