Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS637015
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Scarborough Primary School (PS) is seeking a proactive, flexible School Officer who has strong organisational skills, is able to prioritise tasks and use their initiative when under pressure and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines to join their friendly team of school support staff.
As the successful applicant you would be required to support the Manager Corporate Services in the delivery of school database systems information, reporting and accounts payable or receivable. The successful applicant will assist with administering the financial resources of the school including payment of invoices, end of month procedures including FREDA verification and online BAS submissions, RM Finance adjustments, banking, payroll processes and ensure date integrity, ensuring processes are managed in accordance with the Department of Education policies.
It is highly desirable for the applicant to have had prior primary school experience school with Assets, Integris including Billing, RM Finance, HRMIS databases, Skoolbag App and have superior Excel skills.
Scarborough PS, established in 1934, is proud of its heritage as the very first school in Scarborough and the learning environment it provides that will equip our students with skills and abilities for their future in an ever changing world. Scarborough PS caters for children from Kindergarten through Year 6 taking pride in our reputation as a welcoming and caring school community. Our school motto ‘Strive’ captures our vision which is shared and supported by students, staff and parents.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Scarborough PS can be found by visiting scarboroughps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sarah Dawson, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9222 9200 or emailing Sarah.Dawson@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 September 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.