Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE646383
The Intranet Services Branch is seeking to establish a pool of Senior Consultants – Intranet Services for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021.
The successful applicants will be highly motivated and have strong knowledge and experience in delivering excellent, clear communications within an online environment. A deep understanding of intranets and user needs will be an advantage.
The Senior Consultants – Intranet Services will work collaboratively to ensure the ongoing delivery and enhancement of the Department's intranet. As such, the successful applicants will need highly developed skills in the following areas: writing for an online environment; engaging with stakeholders to define business processes and identify improvement strategies; collaboration within the team and across the organisation; negotiation and innovation. Ideally, we are seeking applicants with content management system experience (Liferay or other CMS) / some technical intranet knowledge.
The Intranet Services team is a dynamic, creative and collaborative team which works at a fast pace, often within challenging timelines. Key to success in this role will be your ability to contribute to team processes, take initiative, embrace challenges and focus on successful outcomes.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Highly developed oral communication and interpersonal skills, including consultation, presentation and facilitation skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills with proven investigative skills and ability to interpret data and identity innovative solutions.
- Highly developed skills and experience in writing communications for a range of purposes and audiences, with a particular focus on online environments.
- Highly developed project management skills and ability to contribute to team processes and outcomes in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Sharon Maloney, Manager by telephoning 0436 806 312 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) pages statement addressing the selection criteria 1, 2 and 4 in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to
- Commencement of employment
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within
six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 29 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED