Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE647729
Finance Services are seeking to establish a pool of Accounts Processing Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2020 until the end of October 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2020 until the end of October 2021.
In the role of Accounts Processing Officer, you will process expenditure and/or revenue in accordance with statutory requirements and Department policies
Successful applicants will certify accounts for payment and monitor financial transactions to the debtor and general ledger accounts. You will liaise with appropriate officers to ensure accuracy in processing accounts, identify improvement opportunities and enter payments onto the finance system.
Successful applicants will communicate with creditors regarding account inquiries and provide customer support for first point of contact enquiries. You will maintain a focus on customer service delivery and continuous improvement of services including developing and maintaining effective communication links and working relationships to ensure access to diverse specialist knowledge.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to provide quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills, including the ability use initiative and prioritise workload.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and experience in the use of a computerised accounting system.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Maria Echaluse, A/Accounts Processing Team Leader by telephoning (08) 9264 5490 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 29 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED