Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA645742
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Mount Barker Community College (CC) is seeking to appoint a dynamic Program Coordinator of Mathematics.
As the successful applicant you will be responsible for the effective leadership to enthuse students to develop a passion for mathematics. It is highly desirable if applicants are able to demonstrate substantial experience and success as a classroom teacher and curriculum leader in the teaching of Mathematics. The successful applicant will possess effective leadership skills to develop, motivate and manage staff in the Mathematics Learning Area, lead the development of engaging curriculum and contribute to the school’s strategic and operational plan through strong leadership and collaborative processes.
The successful applicant should ideally have a high level understanding of the curriculum of both lower and senior school specifically ATAR courses and possess excellent organisational skills to plan and prioritise, and a proven record of effective data analysis and its application to inform planning for improvement that will progress student outcomes.The successful applicant will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with all members of the school community.
Mount Barker CC is a Kindergarten to Year 12 School, situated 50km north of Albany. It is a fine and distinctive college with positive staff, students and parents. We are a community college with strong links and support from our community, and increasingly sophisticated technology to support learning. We are a PBS school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Barker CC can be found by visiting www.mountbarkercommunitycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrew Fraser, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9851 3400, 0439 431 683 (vacation period) or emailing Andrew.Fraser@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.