Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS645117
This is a permanent part-time (0.87FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020.
East Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) is seeking an efficient and self-motivated School Officer - Business Support Officer to join their dedicated team.
As a member of the administration team you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to support the management team. The successful applicant will be professional and approachable. You will have effective planning and organisational skills and be able to use your initiative to support the work of the Principal, Deputy Principal and Manager Corporate Services. You will have high level Information Communication Technology (ICT) skills and value accuracy.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for providing support in the provision of asset management and maintenance strategies for school facilities, equipment and buildings, assisting with financial management, maintaining the schools’ webpage and social media platforms and general front office duties. They will also assist in maintaining Information Technology (IT) systems and equipment through the school including providing training, advice and support to staff and students on desktop and software applications.
East Kalgoorlie PS is a family orientated school servicing the entire Kalgoorlie-Boulder area. The school values relationships with students, staff, parent/carers and the wider community. It actively fosters parent/carer and community involvement in the students’ education. The school focuses on wrap-around services for every student and is uniquely placed to offer a highly supportive, nurturing environment.
East Kalgoorlie PS has been identified as a school demonstrating exemplary performance in the areas of relationships and the learning environment. We are known for our innovative approach to learning for our diverse group of young learners, which impacts positively on our students’ outcomes.
At our school we value the following:
- Thinking outside the box
- Facing challenges together
- Discovering new things
- Appreciating differences in others
Our school vision – We will make them butterfly wings.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kalgoorlie Primary School can be found by visiting www.eastkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Mitchell, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9068 2403 or emailing Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.