Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA644449
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Perth Modern School is seeking a creative Program Coordinator - Innovations Manager to join its leadership team.
The objective of this role is work creatively and collaboratively with the Heads of Learning Area, teachers, the school and wider community to implement the priorities of the Perth Modern School Business Plan with regards to interdisciplinary innovations in the curriculum. This role is a substantial leadership role across the school.
This position is will be 0.3-0.4FTE time allocation with a 0.6-0.7FTE teaching component in the innovations program or area of specialty. Part time will be considered.
Areas of responsibility will include oversight of aspects of the Interdisciplinary priorities and programs, specifically including aspects metacognition, leadership, entrepreneurship and/or STEAM from years 7-12 including
- Integrated studies year 7-9 (STEAM, metacognition, Leadership, Entrepreneurship) T
- Independent research projects (years 10-12)
- Oversee, in consultation with the TiC library, library and research skills integration program (7-12)
- Management of IT pedagogical development and support in the classroom with regards to this program (years 7-12)
- Community liaison and engagement to support these programs where appropriate
- Other projects determined as necessary.
The outcomes expected include;
- Priority area planning for innovation
- In consultation with HOLA’s and other staff, development of innovative curriculum programs.
- Community engagement
- Guidance, assistance and performance management of staff within this domain.
- Resource management.
- Accountability for student outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will be a passionate educator, committed to making a difference in the lives of young people. The successful applicant will be organised and will use their high level communication skills to build effective working relationships and lead change with staff, students and the community. High level Innovative teaching practices, IT literacy, leadership and communication and change management skills are essential.
Perth Modern School is Western Australia's only fully academically selective school for gifted students in Years 7 to 12. Centrally located in Subiaco, the school provides a differentiated and compacted curriculum that develops the skills of academically gifted students. Professional, enthusiastic merit select staff provide a broad range of subjects and activities tailored to the special needs of gifted students. Our teachers' deep subject knowledge and passion for their vocation ensures that Perth Modern School students are continually challenged and engaged.
We have very strong academic, music, sporting, cultural, leadership and community service programs and students achieve outstanding results at the state, national and international level. Current and former students excel in academic, cultural, civic and sporting achievements. Students experience a stimulating, rewarding and safe learning environment with unique opportunities for academic enrichments and extension. Each student, through the fostering of individual talents and interests, is encouraged to realise their full potential and achieve success and fulfilment in a rapidly changing world.
Our school has created a supportive environment of high expectations where gifted students can become resilient, well rounded high achievers with a keen social conscience and a desire to enrich and lead society in the future. Opportunities for enrichment and extension are available to students through both classroom and extra-curricular activities and the School works closely with partners including the University of Western Australia, Chevron and the Telethon Kids Institute to provide new opportunities for students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Perth Modern School can be found by visiting www.perthmodernschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Val Furphy, Principal by telephoning (08) 9380 0555 or emailing Val.Furphy@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period Val Furphy can be contacted on 0438 975 261 (school business hours only).
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.