Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP605014
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2021.
Are you a positive, knowledgeable educational leader who has a passion for ensuring children develop a strong foundation to their life long educational journey?
Inglewood Primary School (PS) is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and enthusiastic early years educational leader to be part of a successful leadership team capable of leading a school which values collaboration, team work, and contemporary pedagogy and has high expectations of themselves and our students.
The Deputy Principal will provide educational leadership in the Early Years Learning Team, school improvement and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and establishing strong relationships with students, staff and the community. The successful applicant would possess an understanding of the structure of Independent Public Schools and display excellent skills and knowledge of curriculum, coaching, delivering professional learning and school operations. This will involve supporting staff through coaching and mentoring to develop high effect size pedagogy, based on the analysis of student performance data and encompassing intentional differentiation.
The suitable applicant will need to be committed to working in professional learning curriculum teams where there is a focus on collaboration, learning based on student results and continual rigorous school self- assessment and improvement. The person would need to exhibit a high level of understanding of the Western Australian curriculum and be strategic in their thinking where the detail in planning focuses on targets and our school improvement agenda. Applicants will idealy have a good knowledge of the early years’ curriculum and targeted learning intervention in English and Mathematics. Inglewood PS is implementing Letters and Sounds, Talk for Writing, Explicit Instruction and the Seven Steps to Writing Success as strategies to assist the implementation of the Western Australian Curriculum.
The successful applicant will be committed to integration of ICT into the curriculum, engaging staff and students in utilizing digital technologies across the curriculum and has an understanding in Learning Support and Pastoral Care.
Inglewood PS is an Independent Public School. This year the school will develop its third Business Plan 2021 – 2024, in consultation with staff and the school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Inglewood PS can be found by visiting www.inglewood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Janine Bersan, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9223 9900 or emailing Janine.Bersan@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Janine Bersan on 0459 872 166 (school business hours only).
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.