Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP644033
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2020
Bob Hawke College is seeking a motivated and forward thinking individual to fill the role of Associate Principal.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with staff, students, parents and the wider community. The Associate Principal will help establish effective human resourcing processes. These processes include: workforce planning, support for selecting, inducting and mentoring new staff and the deployment of staff in ways that make optimal use of their expertise to ensure that students get the best possible service. They allocate the school’s facilities, technologies and other physical resources to improve student learning and wellbeing. Importantly, they will lead and support others to creating conditions to improve the quality of teaching, learning and student outcomes.
In this role, you will create a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. As part of a positive learning environment, Bob Hawke College staff will demonstrate the following attributes care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
The College opened in 2020 with 270 students. With an anticipated enrolment of 300 Year 7 students in 2021, this role will evolve as we grow in size until the anticipated enrolment of 1800 in 2025.
We understand the importance of looking after the wellbeing of the whole child. Every student at our College will be well known and valued. Our pastoral care approach has been specifically designed to support young adults. Specialist staff provide students with individual support as well as health and wellbeing programs. All our teaching and essential services staff excel in their profession and inspire and motivate students, encouraging them to take responsibility for themselves, for others and for the world around them.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting www.bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Please consider the attached documents What makes a school a learning organisation? and the College Vision and Values – Recruitment Version.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact John Burke, Principal, by telephoning 0427 083 997 or emailing John.Burke@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees - (your current line manager, a peer who has recently worked directly with you, and a staff member you have recently line-managed)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.