Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA643765
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community High School (KBCHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hard-working Head of Learning Area (HOLA) The Arts to lead and grow the team and contribute to the improvement journey of the school in alignment with our 2019-2021 Business Plan.
KBCHS caters for a diverse range of students. The successful applicant will possess effective teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management practices and a strong understanding of The Arts curriculum. Ideally, you will have demonstrated excellence as a teacher and possess experience, and leadership, designing engaging lessons across a range of courses, to equally cater for extension, low literacy and SAER students. The successful applicant will also share a commitment to the school’s emphasis on pastoral care.
KBCHS is a committed school in the Positive Behaviour Support program (PBS), so an understanding of this process and how it is embedded in the day-to-day operations of the school would be desirable. Similar understanding of our explicit behaviour model would be advantageous. The school’s drive towards improvement will require the successful applicant to have a deep understanding of excellent and engaging teaching strategies along with the ability to coach and develop our beginning and experienced teaching staff through the facilitation of peer observation, mentoring and classroom walk-through processes. Experience in analysing data in line with the Performance Improvement and Accountability Framework to make informed curriculum decisions will be highly valued.
KBCHS is fortunate to have excellent Art facilities. An experienced leader is required who will drive the curriculum across a number of courses encompassing Dance, Drama, Media, Music, and Visual Arts. A commitment to extra-curricular activities is also required to guide key events such as the Arts Night, Showcase evening and school productions.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder is a thriving town, full of rich history with friendly outback hospitality whilst catering for every need. The lifestyle in Kalgoorlie is easy whilst still having everything the city has to offer; including frequent cultural, musical and entertaining events. Sporting opportunities here are second to none. Perth is only 600 kilometres away and is easily accessible via road, plane or train.
The school offers a full induction program and 12 months support in transitioning into the school and town. There are many financial benefits when moving to Kalgoorlie-Boulder that the Department of Education offers including living subsidies, moving depreciation and costs as well as salary sacrificing your rent.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalgoorlie- Boulder CHS can be found by visiting www.kalgoorlie-boulderchs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rebecca Kirkwood, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9092 0300 or emailing email@example.com. During school holiday please call Rebecca on 04396 98615.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 12 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.