Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE644379
Please note, on Wednesday 2 September 2020, there was an amendment made to the contact details to obtain further job related information.
Teacher Development is seeking to establish a pool of motivated and enthusiastic teachers to join the Regional Learning Specialists (RLS) team) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of 2021.
Our Regional Learning Specialist teachers works directly with senior secondary students undertaking ATAR courses who are enrolled at the School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE).
It's primary focus is to work collaboratively with SIDE staff to support regional ATAR students and extend their achievement. You will provide fortnightly online tutorials and conduct intensive exam revision sessions (face-to-face or online as practicable).
Suitable applicants will regularly visit regional, rural and remote public high schools, to run tutorials and provide resources in order to maximise student academic outcomes.
Our team is led by a Head of Department who reports to the Manager, Teacher Development. The Teacher Development branch is committed to building capacity in teachers to improve learning outcomes for students within all public schools. You will have access to the resources and expertise of Statewide Services.
Who we are looking for
Successful applicants will demonstrate exemplary teaching practices in senior secondary ATAR courses within the learning areas of
- ATAR Physics and Chemistry (Year 11 & 12); or
- ATAR Human Biology and Biology (Year 11 & 12); or
- ATAR Maths (Year 11 & 12); or
- ATAR Specialist Maths Methods and Applicable (Year 11 & 12); or
- ATAR English and English Literature (Year 11 & 12); or
- HASS Economics, Politics and Law (Year 11 & 12).
You will be working in an exciting new team committed to providing regional students with dedicated, specialist support.
You will possess high-level oral and written communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills. You will need to be flexible, able to work both collaboratively and independently and have the capacity to contribute to the work of the branch in a range of areas.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications. Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Tony Bird, Regional Learning Specialist, by telephoning (08) 9264 5197 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) pages statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 October 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED