Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS637042
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Cannington Community College (CC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their team.
The workdays for this position will be Monday and Tuesday.
The successful applicant will supervise the day to day operations of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to all staff and students. The Library Officer administers library systems which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students, staff and parents at all times and conducts library skills training and demonstrates the use of library equipment. In addition, the successful applicant assists students, parents and staff to select program and age appropriate materials and prepares and monitors the library budget and makes recommendations for new library resources. Experience with SmartSuite, TV4Education and SIS software would be desirable along with the ability to maintain the library ICT equipment including desktops and laptops.
The successful applicant will be expected to continue to develop the library into a modern welcoming learning space that will facilitate the school philosophy of collaborative learning.
Cannington CC is situated in the heart of Cannington's business precinct and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 10. Cannington Community Education Support Centre are co-located throughout the College and share the library resources, you will also be required to work with the students and teachers. Our experienced and highly trained teachers provide innovative and engaging lessons that motivate students to achieve their potential. The College maintains a very strong focus on numeracy and literacy whilst catering for the diverse individual needs of our students. We are the only public school of this type in the inner metropolitan area of Perth.
Our teaching programs challenge students to develop the skills and knowledge they need to become independent learners and, ultimately, to contribute meaningfully to their community. All classrooms are equipped with modern information technology facilities and teachers use teaching strategies that have been proven to bring the best results. Our Workplace Learning Academy Education program in year 10 enables eligible students to learn via a workplace based model. Students in Year 10 can also engage in formal trade trading.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cannington Community College can be found by visiting canningtoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Angelo Kovidis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9351 2400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 6 August 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.