Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS638501
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Carine Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Human Resources Officer to join their school.
The Human Resource Officer will provide advice and support in the coordination of human resource activities and operations. This will include managing job vacancies, coordinating leave and relief management, managing the human resource management system and assisting in the implementation of staff induction; probation and performance management, and provide human resource advice and information to staff.
To be successful for the role, you will have sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to solve problems, implement strategy and manage Human Resource systems and processes.
Our team of committed and professional specialist teaching staff provide quality educational programs to young people who can focus on a range of flexible pathways. Our different learning environments include the school, training organisations, university and the workplace.
Our school community is positive and caring. A dedicated team of professionals support our students' emotional well-being. Our students are recognised and rewarded for their accomplishments. Your involvement in your child's education is welcomed and encouraged as we believe strongly in the importance of open, honest and supportive links between family and school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with staff and work within a team environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in human resource management, including research, planning and recruitment practices.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to implement appropriate strategies.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carine Senior High School can be found by visiting www.carinehs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Phillip Borger, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9243 9100 or emailing Phillip.Borger@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 10 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.