Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH635616
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020
Are you an expert at building relationships with students and the community?
Southern River College is seeking to appoint a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Design and Technology Teacher to join our skilled team of staff.
Southern River College is committed to appoint staff who are the right fit for our school and community. We have a strong commitment to delivering high quality learning experiences across Design and Technology.
The suitable applicants will possess:
- A growth mind set; being open to innovation and 21st century technologies
- A strong moral purpose to develop future generations of leaders, problem solvers and entrepreneurs
- Collaborative, reflective practice with a desire for continuous improvement
Desirable high level technical skills include:
- Engineering and Mechatronics
- STEM Capabilities
- Materials Design and Technology
- Hold current industry/trade skills and knowledge which align to VET credentials
- And possess additional qualifications including Certificate IV in Training and Assessment currency
Suitable applicants will ideally have experience, understanding and technical skills to teach specific contexts within the existing Western Australian curriculum in Design and Technology. Importantly, they will be enthusiastic adopters of a school wide pedagogy based on direct, explicit instruction who are keen to work collaboratively with colleagues. As a Design and Technology teacher you will participate as an integral member of the learning area and be responsible for supporting the collaborative approach to curriculum planning providing learning programs to student suited to the needs of the school community and modelling exemplary teaching and learning strategies in your delivery.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Southern River College can be found by visiting www.southernrivercollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Frank Di Filippo, Deputy Principal by telephoning (08) 9495 3200 or emailing Frank.DiFilippo@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.