Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS639202
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020.
Manjimup Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and self-motivated Administrative and Business Support Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will have excellent attention to detail and the capacity to learn and operate the Education Department's financial, human resource and other management systems. We are looking for someone who is energetic, proactive, a good problem solver, and who has good communication skills. You will be able to work well alongside others and have a high level of competence in financial, secretarial and administrative support.
As the Administrative and Business Support Officer you would assist the Principal and Manager Corporate Services in managing the financial, marketing, physical and human resource aspects of the school's operations and assist in the administration of school support staff. You would also assist with the development and maintenance of effective networks with stakeholders in order to advance the interests of the school.
In this role you will support the Manager Corporate Services in undertaking financial planning, monitoring, research, returns, reporting and analysis to meet established objectives and outcomes relative to business needs and plans. Additionally, you would support the preparation of funding submissions and assist in the evaluation of tenders and contracts as well as developing and maintaining relevant business and other information management systems. You would assist in the maintenance management of the buildings and grounds. The role includes asset management and recording. You would also prepare segments of the school's Annual Report.
Manjimup SHS is a Year 7-12 Independent Public School with a farm school component and an offsite campus. It has a friendly welcoming atmosphere and a committed and highly competent workforce. Established in 1957 the school is recognised for its high achievement and flexible approach to education and training. Manjimup SHS is the only Senior High School in the inland corridor of the Southwest Education Region.
Surrounded by forests and a diverse rural landscape, Manjimup has an excellent range of commercial services and a reputation as a clean, green place to live. Manjimup is a short drive from Perth and is a regional growth centre. The school is part of a multi-purpose campus comprising Manjimup Primary School, Manjimup Education Support Centre, Manjimup Campus of South Regional TAFE. We have a long standing partnership with Edith Cowan University.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and business plans;
- Sound financial and human resource management skills, including detailed data analysis and reporting, and the ability to interpret and provide recommendations.
- Sound oral, written and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team environment and develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to prioritise and complete tasks with given timelines.
- Sound keyboarding and computer skills in a range of application software packages, particularly databases, word processing publishing, web and multimedia platforms and programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Manjimup SHS can be found by visiting www.manjimupshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Robyn McCracken, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manjimup, by telephoning (08) 9771 3409 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 August 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.