Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635400
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Roleystone Community College (CC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hard-working cleaner to join their team.
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties as required. The ability to work as part of a team will be highly valued.
Roleystone Community College is an Independent Public School providing a comprehensive and holistic education to students from Kindergarten to Year 10. We pride ourselves on providing promising futures for our students. We do this by providing an excellent breadth and depth of education, and a rich range of learning and extra-curricular opportunities. We see ourselves as a community asset and value and foster lasting partnerships in the community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Roleystone Community College can be found by visiting www.roleystonecc.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Verna Splatt, Manager of Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, by telephoning (08) 9391 6222 or emailing Verna.Splatt@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 5 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.