Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA636533
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2021
Perth modern is seeking an exceptional leader to join our executive team as Program Coordinator - Careers and Vocational Education. As part of the Schools’ Executive team, you will work closely with the Principal and Associated Principals to implement the schools’ vision and direction.
The successful applicant will have high level knowledge and outstanding skills in school wide careers education in a gifted and talented context. Additionally, you will have an understanding of local, interstate and overseas scholarship and university entry processes, applications and interviews for high level courses. The role also entails developing study, life and leadership skills amongst year 7 to 12 students. You will also lead and promote a culture of community service across the school. Further, you will have a sound understanding of Senior School Statutory Requirements and demonstrate outstanding communication skills when providing advice and academic monitoring and support to students, parents, and staff.
This role currently has a 0.4 teaching component in the relevant learning area. However, this allocation along with the duties are subject to change if necessary.
To be successful in this role, you will be a passionate educator, committed to making a difference in the lives of young people. The successful applicant will be organised and will use their high level communication skills to build effective working relationships and lead change with staff, students and the community.
Perth Modern School is Western Australia's only fully academically selective school for gifted students in Years 7 to 12. Centrally located in Subiaco, the school provides a differentiated and compacted curriculum that develops the skills of academically gifted students. Professional, enthusiastic merit select staff provide a broad range of subjects and activities tailored to the special needs of gifted students. Our teachers' deep subject knowledge and passion for their vocation ensures that Perth Modern School students are continually challenged and engaged.
Current and former students excel in academic, cultural, civic and sporting achievements. Students experience a stimulating, rewarding and safe learning environment with unique opportunities for academic enrichments and extension.
Each student, through the fostering of individual talents and interests, is encouraged to realise their full potential and achieve success and fulfilment in a rapidly changing world. Our school has created a supportive environment of high expectations where gifted students can become resilient, well rounded high achievers with a keen social conscience and a desire to enrich and lead society in the future. Opportunities for enrichment and extension are available to students through both classroom and extra-curricular activities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Perth Modern School can be found by visiting www.perthmodernschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Val Furphy, Principal by telephoning (08) 9380 0555 or emailing Val.Furphy@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIRMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 10 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.