Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS637535
Belmont City College (CC) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Aboriginal and Islander Education Officers (AIEO) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2021.
As the AIEO, your role will be to assist teachers in delivering planned education programs and to foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment. We are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic AIEO’s, who will be able to engage students in different programs, connect with families and liaise between the community and school. The suitable applicants will ideally possess a high standard of computer skills, as well as excellent communication skills. An interest in and capacity for engaging young people in education, and supporting young people to develop literacy, numeracy and work place readiness skills will be an advantage. The capacity to build positive relationships with families and businesses is essential for this role.
Modern facilities, set in the heart of the City of Belmont, provide the backdrop for our many innovative programs. At Belmont CC we pride ourselves on being able to give individualised care and attention to help each student reach their potential by developing their self-confidence, independence, knowledge and skills to take advantage of increasing opportunities beyond school. Our focus is on providing a safe and caring learning environment that encourages students to become self-motivated, independent learners who demonstrate awareness of our ethos of Preparedness, Positivity and Participation at all times. A strong pastoral care program supports the social and emotional needs of the students, whilst the diverse range of academic and life skills programs nurture academic excellence for all students.
Belmont CC students are provided with support in order to achieve to their best potential. The College currently offers specialist Humanities classes for second language learners, Follow the Dream tuition for university bound Aboriginal students and merit selected Academic Extension classes in Maths, Science, English and Humanities and Social Sciences for all eligible lower school students.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with students, teachers, parents, community members and professional staff on the provision and development of educational programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact on a range of levels in a variety of settings and with different audiences, including community members, teaching and other professionals.
- Ability to contribute to a school-level team and to provide multi-cultural direction in the development of the educational program, development of language resources, and evaluation of education and behaviour management programs.
- Ability to effectively assist teachers in implementing educational and behaviour management programs.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Belmont City College can be found by visiting www.belmontcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Karen Davy, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9473 9800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Pursuant of Section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984, the occupant of this position must be of Aboriginal descent.
An applicant may provide a confirmation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent through the completion of a Verification of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage form, attached. (Applicants currently employed as AIEOs are excluded.)
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 5 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.