Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS637171
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2020 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic educational team and join a new school with the vision ‘children are the heart of our school’ and ethos that reflects the area, the community and most importantly, the needs of our children.
The successful applicant will be a valued part of a growing team that builds a school culture that is positive, inclusive and extends young minds. They will ideally have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and have the capacity to work cooperatively with all others to create and maintain a welcoming and vibrant environment for students and families.
The school is committed to developing a culture of ‘every student, every classroom, every day’ by engaging, consulting and working collaboratively with the school community to provide a learning environment that is positive and underpinned by a strong set of values. We continue to work with the local community to develop a vision to shape the direction of our school and reflect the uniqueness and diversity of our students. Successful applicants will be part of a team that builds a school culture that challenges, invigorates and extends young minds.
Suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers and other IT devices; and, under teacher direction, implement individual or small group programs or demonstrations. They will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources, for use in classes, displays and demonstration, and assisting the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. For this role you will be organised and will be able to use your initiative. These skills will also be utilised to aid teachers by assisting with the general care and well-being of students.
Applicants should have an understanding of the Oakwood PS context and a demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with staff, students and the school community.
Oakwood PS opened for Pre Primary and Kindergarten students in 2018 and extended from Kindergarten to Year 6 in 2019 in purpose built, modern facilities. The school services the suburbs of Meadow Springs, Madora Bay and San Remo and is an Independent Public School. The school has a strong sense of community engagement and aims to provide a dynamic learning environment that is positive, inclusive and underpinned by strong values. Rapid growth in student numbers has been experienced since opening.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Oakwood Primary School can be found by visiting www.oakwoodps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact William Davis, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9586 7600 or emailing William.Davis@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to six (6) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 July 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.