Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS634381
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Spencer Park Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking a hardworking and dedicated School Officer to join their friendly team. As a school officer you will be a committed, professional and collaborative participant in our progressive, high performing and diverse community.
Your ability to work unsupervised in a team environment and capacity to multitask will be advantageous to your success in the role. Strong written and oral communication skills will be necessary to develop school marketing materials, newsletters and press releases, contributing to and building on our strong community links. It is desirable that the successful applicant has a thorough knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems and financial knowledge to support the Manager Corporate Services. Accordingly, you will have strong financial skills, including the ability to process transactions to completion within RM Billing and RM Finance. You may be required to perform end of month procedures.
Spencer Park ESC is a nurturing and safe educational environment for primary school children in Kindergarten through to Year 6. We specialise in providing a holistic approach to teaching and learning for individual students working in the range of their needs, strength, interests and learning preferences with a strong focus to becoming successful independent learners. We have a commitment to achievement not only in the Western Australian Curriculum but also in developing effective communication, functional life skills, and student’s social skills.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Spencer Park Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.spencerparkesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Rebecca Wheatley, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Albany, by telephoning (08) 6821 3050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum six (6) pages (3 pages double sided minimum of ½ a page per statement) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to maximum of four (4) (2 pages double sided) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for a minimum of two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 July, 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.