Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS612458
This is a permanent part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
East Hamilton Hill Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will supervise the day to day operations of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to all staff and students. The Library Officer administers library systems (Bookmark) which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed. They will possess the use of library equipment and conduct library skills training. They will have high level interpersonal skills and collaborate with staff.
In addition, the successful applicant assists students, parents and staff to select programs and age appropriate materials and prepares and monitors the library budget and makes recommendations for new library resources.
East Hamilton Hill PS is an Independent Public School and we pride ourselves on being the school of choice for families living in and around Hamilton Hill. We provide a caring and positive school environment for children in the local community. The school community has a strong sense of pride over the achievements of its students both in and out of the classroom and is constantly striving to provide the best education and social development for all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information East Hamilton Hill Primary School can be found by visiting www.easthamiltonhillps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Amanda Bloomfield, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9487 9300 or emailing Amanda.Bloomfield@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.