Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS637168
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Riverside Education Support Centre is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2021.
Experience within a Primary School Education Support setting is highly desirable. Proven ability to work collaboratively with Teachers and carry out their instructions is essential. Successful applicants will have a good understanding of the interim level 3 Education Assistant Competency Framework. Experience in PODD, AAC and Key Word signing communication systems is highly desirable as well as is having experience in working with diagnosed conditions such as ID (intellectual disability) and ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). Education Assistants will be part of an effective team and be part of a collaborative, caring culture and have a dynamic team approach. You will need to be student focussed and highly competent in providing a safe, caring and nurturing environment for students.
You need to be willing to complete the required TEAM TEACH training for using the approved Department restraining of student’s procedure. If you have any physical limitations or health related issues you should make them know in your application.
Riverside Education Support Centre (ESC) is a vibrant growing school, it has a great culture with dedicated staff. Highly collaborative Teams are essential and opportunities within the school to lead Learning Teams may exist. A supportive Admin Team are open to new ideas towards improvement. Riverside ESC is a centre of excellence for the education and advancement of children with special learning difficulties. We take pride in the achievements of our students, the support and involvement of our community, and the teaching and care offered by our professional education team.
Every child is valued and has a place. Our shared campus with Riverside Primary School provides a de-segregated learning environment and helps us ensure each child achieves the best possible success in their learning journey. We accept children from Kindergarten through to Year 6. We have a comprehensive transition program ensuring students successfully integrates to secondary school options. Integration opportunities include some curriculum areas, assemblies, swimming lessons, incursions, graduation ceremonies, reward days, athletic carnivals, whole class collaboration and student-matched (one-on-one) activities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Riverside Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.riversideesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jim Douglas, Principal by telephoning (08) 9534 9022 or emailing James.Douglas@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A no more than four (4) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 4 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.