Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS636687
This is a permanent part-time (0.6 FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020
Rawlinson Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Gardener - Handyperson to join our team.
As the Gardener - Handyperson you will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Rawlinson PS was established in 2005 in the suburb of Marangaroo. Rawlinson Primary School is a proud addition to the Swan Education District and will continue the District tradition of providing a caring, inclusive and student needs-based service.
A strong sense of community has developed and this is driven by our multicultural mix of family backgrounds and a dedicated Parents and Citizens' body that was active before the school opened. Highly professional and dedicated staff ensure that students' needs are met in a caring and safe environment. We are all proud to be part of the Rawlinson School community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Rawlinson Primary School please visit www.rawlinsonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Darryl Dedman, Principal by telephoning (08) 9345 6500 or emailing Darryl.Deadman@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager if possible.
You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in maintaining a large garden area. Include the:
- steps you took in planning and completing the process.
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- Email your documents to Darryl.Deadman@education.wa.edu.au You must do this before the closing date below.
- Hand deliver your documents to the school reception. You must do this before the closing date below.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 July, 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED