Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS636130
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2020.
Are you looking for an exciting change?
Geraldton Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking and creative Information Resources Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
We are dedicated to finding someone who is passionate about turning our hub of the school into an interactive learning centre that invites innovation, creativity and curiosity. As the successful applicant you will need to be highly motivated, energetic and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school including in the application of customer service principles and practices. The successful application will need to possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organisation skills and possess the ability to work in a highly collaborative manner.
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operation of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to staff and students. They will administer library systems, ensure library records are up-to date as well as whole school resources lists are maintained and processed efficiently so they are accessible and available. and technologies. You will also provide a support service which ensures library digital technology is ready for teacher and student use.
The Information Resource Officer will also be responsible for coordinating and cataloguing the school’s teacher resource room. This will entail working closely with teachers to source and locate existing school based curriculum linked teaching resources to ensure teachers can provide engaging learning experiences.
This role will require you to provide training, support and advice to staff and students on desktop and software applications and the use of digital technology and library equipment. The successful applicant will prepare procedure manuals for library equipment, as required along with assisting students, parents and staff to select appropriate materials from the library and access school resources. As the Information Resource Officer you will assist in preparing and monitoring the library budget and makes recommendations for new library resources and technologies.
Geraldton Primary School is Western Australia's oldest continuously operating primary school, with students first attending in 1878. We have a long established and excellent reputation in the Geraldton community, attracting students from all parts of the city and outlying regions. We are very proud of our school motto, 'Generosity, Perseverance and Service', ensuring we display these qualities as we go about our daily work at school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively liaise to staff at all levels and apply customer service principles and practices.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to resolve basic information and communication technology problems.
- Ability to use computers and a range of information management systems and application software packages including databases, spread-sheets and word processing.
- Sound knowledge, skills and experience in library procedures using automated library systems and the use of multimedia and audio-visual equipment.
- Sound organisational skills and the ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Geraldton PS can be found by visiting www.geraldtonprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Katie Taylor, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning 9921 2311 or emailing Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 4 August 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.