Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635903
Willetton Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal and other general cleaning. You will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs. You may be required to use a blower vac in external areas. You will also be required to complete vacation cleaning duties including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas, and other duties as required by the Cleaner in Charge or Line Manager. A good knowledge of the equipment used in cleaning will be advantageous.
Willetton SHS is one of the largest schools in Western Australia, drawing its student enrolment from diverse geographic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. With a student population in excess of 2500 and approximately 200 teaching staff and 120 support staff on campus, it is the school of choice for many local and international families. The school successfully caters for the academic, social and emotional development of students with diverse educational needs including those with an EALD background, special needs and gifted and talented students. The school is committed to the intellectual, creative and social development of the students by the provision of stimulating, relevant programs and orderly teaching and classroom practices. Pastoral care and academic achievement are very strong. Community support and parental involvement are cornerstones of our culture.
The school offers a number of specialist programs to meet student needs and interests. These programs include Gifted and Talented, Specialist Basketball and Computing and there is a strong focus on Vocation and Education Training. There are numerous after school sporting teams, debating and poetry clubs. Willetton SHS is a Lead Language School and a Department of Education Teacher Development School in Languages. Willetton SHS prides itself on an ethos that all students should be successful.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Willetton Senior High School please visit www.willettonshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Please contact Jodie Baynes, School Officer, by telephoning (08) 9334 7262 or emailing Jodie.Baynes@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 3.00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact Jodie Baynes on 9334 7262 to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy. Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 4 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.