Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS635323
This is a permanent part-time (0.87FTE) position commencing Term 3,2020
Do you have the energy, passion and skills to join our amazing Arts Team?
Broome Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a Technical Officer - Theatre to join their friendly team.
Broome SHS is looking for a friendly hardworking individual who can work as an integral part of the dynamic Arts team. The successful applicant will need to be well organised and effective in time management and planning. They must also have knowledge, skills and experience in the operation of technical equipment within the Arts, and experience in performance, workshop and class environments with lighting, sound and vision. A high level understanding of music recording software is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will provide operational advice to staff and students and will be responsible for assessing and evaluating technical equipment and resources, maintenance and repairs of arts equipment and liaises with other providers to carry out repairs and annual maintenance as required.
This position also assists the Head of Department-The Arts and other teaching staff with preparing the Performing Arts Centre and music equipment for events and performances within the school and wider community.
Broome SHS, winner of the WA School of the Year for 2012, is now one of the premier high schools in the state. A leading Independent Public School in its own right, the school is also proudly part of the Broome Cluster of Independent Public Schools working in close collaboration with the town’s four primaries, Broome, Cable Beach, Broome North and Roebuck Primary Schools. The Cluster arrangement is an exciting initiative and as such Broome SHS is an active partner in the development of Cluster strategies.
Broome is a vibrant and attractive coastal town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. As a tourist town, Broome is well resourced regarding facilities and services. Broome SHS is a high performing school with a diverse student population and a wide range of class offerings. The school is recognised as one of the top public schools in WA.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance and use of theatre technical equipment.
- Broad-based knowledge of theatre operations.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively liaise with individuals at all levels.
- High-level organisational, conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to provide innovative thinking in problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Broome Senior High School can be found by visiting www.broomeshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Sascha Bragaglia, Head of Department Performing and Visual Arts, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9195 3100 or emailing Sascha.Bragaglia@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 August 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.