Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE638111
PLEASE BE AWARE THERE HAS BEEN AN AMENDMENT MADE TO THE WORK TYPE ON 21 JULY 2020
HR Systems is seeking to establish a pool of Systems Officer’s (HR) for appointments to fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise for 18 months from the beginning of October, 2020 up until the end of March 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within this period.
As a HR Systems Officer, you can expect to research and evaluate existing and emerging HR issues and develop recommendations to enhance existing software. This role will also involve preparing and documenting standard operating procedures and protocols pertaining to the use of human resources applications. The position will also support project and research-based activities and the implementation of change strategies associated with the Human Resources Management System (HRMIS) application.
The HR Systems Team is responsible for managing and administering the Department’s human resource management information system (HRMIS) and other relevant human resource (HR) systems. The HRMIS executes the Department’s payroll and contains other human resources information and data for the total workforce. Users are assisted by the Branch in areas of system administration and support, problem resolution, systems maintenance, enhancements and training.
The team is also responsible for maintaining the integrity of the system, security and user access arrangements and the development and maintenance of HR-Payroll systems.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Considerable skills and experience in the use and administration of large and complex human resource management information and payroll systems, including the application of human resource management legislation and policy to support quality outcomes
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to deliver agreed results in a timely, efficient and customer-focused manner.
- Sound ability to provide client support and assistance through the development of communication materials, including the ability to develop standard system operating procedures and documentation and/or to deliver system training, workshops or presentations.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels and work collaboratively and constructively with team members and clients.
- Sound ability to research, evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and to develop appropriate suggestions to assist clients with the development of business processes in relation to HR-Payroll systems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Amanda Stephens, Team Leader, by telephoning (08) 9264 4239 or emailing Amanda.Stephens@education.wa.edu.au (not to be contacted for job application packages).
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1, 4 and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 August 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED